"Hi" I'm so glad you stopped by! :D

NEW! Snap In iPad cases

23.12.11

merry christmas!

This late great artist spent the end of his career and life in Stockbridge, in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.  He is know for painting everyday scenes of American life.  Rockwell's most famous painting is a Christmas scene that appeared on the cover of the Saturday Evening Post in 1967.  He actually began painting the scene, called "Stockbridge at Christmas" in 1958 and put it away.  When rushed to meet a magazine deadline almost a decade later, he pulled the picture from his storage area, added some snow and some mountains and sent it in to the editors.  They loved it and put it on the cover of their Christmas issue.
As Christmas approaches in just 2 days, I'd like to thank my Etsy friends and customers for making dixie's window a success this year.  When I started making gadget bags and cases, just 1 1/2 years ago, I really didn't anticipate selling much at all with all the other beautiful cases out there.  You have all been so kind and patient as I learn on this new journey, and wish you all a very Merry Christmas!  Thank you! :D

No comments: