"Hi" I'm so glad you stopped by! :D

NEW! Snap In iPad cases

29.9.11

"The Button"

You see them everyday.  They fasten your shirt together, hold your pants up, and maybe make a fashion statement on your new sweater.  Buttons!  Almost everyone has some buttons tucked away in a jar.  They can be plain and simple, or truly elegant works of art.
I love buttons!  One day, while designing a new Kindle bag, I thought about my dad.  He was an avid reader.  The focal point of our living room was a massive built-in bookshelf, stocked with every kind of book imaginable, and one just as large in the family room.  I wondered what my dad would think, with all the ereader devices marketed in venues all over the world.  Then a line from one of my favorite holiday films came to mind.  "I like smiling, smilings my favorite," from the hilarious movie "Elf."  My dad loved reading.  Reading was his favorite.  By the end of the day, I had the button designed, and found a talented girl on Etsy to create it for me.  Angie, from Remember Wynn.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/rememberwynn  Thank you Angie, for the memories with each button!


2 comments:

KaraLyn said...

*snicker* You two were adorable in your canary yellow/hot pink pants. Nice!

Karen Hauley said...

We were thinking how AWESOME we were! Those were good times, sis.